Monday, June 16, 2008

Can America Overcome its Racism?

Barack Obama will be the Democratic nominee for President this year. Unprecedented. I voted for him.

However, as much as I want to see Barack walking into the Oval Office, I can't help but think that this country just can't do it. This country was literally founded by slave owners. Now, the same country wants a black man to be President. Amazing. It shows astounding progress, maturity, common sense, and wisdom. Therefore, I just can't see this country pulling it off.

When I think of wisdom and progres....the USA rarely comes to mind. Not to say I don't love my country, but honestly people. This country has spawnned the likes of Paris Hilton. Any place that can come up with that....well, we're screwed.

What do you think? Can this country actually overcome petty bickering left over for centuries (for no good reason, I might add) and elect Barack?

Oh, and by the way, before anyone goes flying off on a tangent, I'm not black, and I'm not a woman. So, I'm a white male (landowner for what it means anymore) who's voting for Barack.

No comments: