Monday, July 7, 2008

Voicemail is Dead?

Techcrunch writer Michael Arrington says voicemail is dead and everyone should stop leaving messages for others.

I love it when someone (usually a hippie) decides that because they don't like some technology that noone else uses it. I for one love voicemail, I use it daily, practically hourly to communicate with many people, and many people use it to communicate with me.

Why? For one, it's free, no annoying text messaging fees (I hate text messaging), it's more accessible than email, and it works even when my cell phone is turned off, out of range, or out of juice.

Just a note...if you're calling me, and don't leave a voicemail, I won't return your call, because you obviously had no reason for calling in the first place.

Voicemail is not dead, no more so than land-line phones are dead.

No comments: